Thursday, December 07, 2006

More Topo news.

Well, the topographer claims he never had any instruction to note the trees on the survey. Jeremy tell me that this costs extra here in the states, so I do not get the sense that Fransisco was being dishonest, but all attempts to contact him resulted in nothing during the survey. Further, I looked through my email, and in the retention message to Ashley, Guillermo asked that all trees be noted. She says that she did not know she was supposed to convey this instruction.

Fair enough I guess. The email leaves room for that interpretation. Barely:

Hi Ashley,>> >> Thanks for the info. on the Surveyer.>>
Those dates for the survey sound good. I am cc'ing my studio head in my
CR>> office for coordination on the Topo. His name is Alex Bravo; he can
speak>> to Francisco to make sure that certain things are noted on the
topo. such>> as trees with calipers larger that 8" etc...he can give
Francisco a ring.


So now Franscisco wants 400 dollars to add the trees to the survey. That, after charging 725 for the survey itself. That comes to a little under 70 dollars a tree. Call me crazy, but that seems a little steep.

I dont want to pay 400 dollars for that which was clearly asked to be done. I would do something reasonable, like 75. But 400? I am a foriegner, not an ATM.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Hit Counter