Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Guillermo is in Costa Rica. He is meeting with his San jose office and visiting some sites. One of those sites is mine, ole ee-25.

I am coordinating the clearing, excuse me, cleaning of my property. The difference is that cleaning leaves larger trees, and clearing does not. I have contacted Ahley White at Nosara Real Estate, who is helping coordinate the cleaning crew. She contacted the property cleaner, who will contact Guillermo and Alex, or the other way around. The end result is that the site cleaner will have a copy of my plot schematic, and the areas that we want cleaned.

Once the land is cleaned in the areas where the house is projected to be built, and the areas that will control my view, then Guillermo and Alex Bravo will visit the site. They are hoping to learn more about the situation of the house, and also do a series of studies that will reveal what view will be possible with the addition of a vertical element to the house. I hope they take lots and lots of images.

I will be making a visit to the site in a few weeks. I promise lots of pictures. I also promise lots of sun, surf, and cheap beer with W, but that is probably not as interesting to you as the images. Then again, maybe we can do both.

On a tangent, it was -10 in Boston yesterday with windchill. It is 90 in Costa Rica. That is an expected 100 degree shift of tempurature, and a 180 degree shift of pleasure.

I think I will buy a machete. I dont think I will need one, but I will feel like more of an exploitive capitalist if I have one.

In other news, Guillermo and DatumZero, after weeks of consideration, made a breakthrough in the vertical approach to the K-house. I have not seen the results, but Guillermo sounds very confident and excited about them. He tells me that the result is a hybrid of the Compact, and Organic appraoches, but with a distinct organic approach character. That means, lighter, longer and more open than the compact model. You all will know when I do what it looks like.

in closing, I want to tell you all that I am fascinated by sod roofs. Green roofs. They decrease the dirunal tempurature shock, decrease heating and cooling costs, and provide areable land for agriculture, or gardens. There are companies that produce panels that reduce the total weight of soil on the roof. I wonder how leaks are though?

M

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sod roof plus 12 inches of rain?

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Hit Counter