Thursday, April 05, 2007

Wendy and I visited the property, EE-25, by accident one day trying to get home from the super la paloma. Instead of driving into town, we found ourselves climbing up into the hills and decided to chase that trail and find my property.

We were pretty awkward about it, as I had no map and Wendy had never been there. We bungled around, irritating construction teams asking them if they knew where EE-25 was. I figured, all we had to do was find views, and then it should be near by. I was not far wrong, and with a couple false starts, we finally located the property.

The land was cleared, cleaned I should say. My ire was immediately stoked when I realized my neighbor had fenced in some of my land. Now, ordinarily, one could chalk that up to negligence, or mistake, except that that portion of my land was previously the subject of an offer to buy from said neighbor. He offered me 10k for the land, with a beautiful tree on it that sheltered his view, but I declined and gave him my word the tree would not be felled. Well, apparently my word was not quite good enough, so he decided just to take the land anyway. He tied my land with a barbwire fence, and fenced the tree on his side. What an asshole.

I was mad, but walked my property. I discovered that the decline was not as sharp as I had recalled. That was probably due to the fact that my initial, and sole, entry onto the land had come at its steepest area. From the road, I could see water shimmering through the trees. One could see, clear as day, Hotel Playas de Nosara, and the beaches of Playa pelada. I stood on the road. I stood on the rental truck (sorry thrifty). I took pictures. W has those pictures.

W discovered something amazing, the view was actually better to Playa Pelada from the bottom of the property. I had heretofore assumed that there was no view to be had from that part. But one could stand nearly 50 feet below the entry point and look out on the beach.

The wind was blowing in and I could hear the surf crashing on the shore. I don't know how far I am in a straight line from the water. maybe a half mile? not much.

There was more exploration to be done with Guillermo, but I am keeping this blog in a semi-chronological fashion, so I will describe that another day.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

FYI, you have 3 months to evict him from your land, after that it becomes harder. After a year, very hard. Cut that fence ASAP. Call a lawyer. Put up your own fence. He is making "improvements" on your land.

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Hit Counter