Friday, August 17, 2007

This is another image from that Dwell shoot that I am using to get an idea of what the inside of K House might reflect. See here the wood wails? I dont know what you call that material, the wood used on the walls. Is it regular hardwood flooring used on a wall? It might be.

You can see that the Marine Plywood ceiling, or what I think is the Marine Plywood ceiling, is highly laminated. I dont know if I like the way the shine comes off in the images. Om the other hand, it brightens a place up tremendously. Anyway, these images of this house in Dwell are interesting as a starting point. I am curious how K house will be similar or different.

I have been spending time lately cataloguing concrete finishes. Its a fascination of mine. You can dye concrete, polish it, seal it, embed quartz and other rocks, texturize it, darken it, harden it, lighten it. Its amazingly flexible. I dont know what finish we are exploring in the kitchen,but the possibilities are endless. For that matter, I dont know what the interior treatments are like for the vertical element. The bedroom, I think, will have a settled darkness, like a cave, with one end brilliantly lit in day night. The zendo, I think will be open and light, serene and simple, but how that translates into building materials is going to be interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Hit Counter