Wednesday, December 13, 2006

I tried, but could not contact most of the architectural firms I approached. Neither Neo, nor Roullon could I get to respond to me. I send several emails. This is what my querry email looked like:

Hello,


I am currently researching the team needed for a building project in
Nosara, on the Guanacaste peninsula. I hope to build, within a year, a
3 bedroom, multilevel residence with views of the Pacific. I have a one
acre plot of land there in the hills.


I have developed what I think is a reasonable budget, and have a good
idea of the architectural style I would like to embody: open, serene,
contemporary, strong, and reflecting the building materials and
traditions of Costa Rica. I will travel only occasionally to the site
during construction, and will need to rely on an architect who can visit
the site during design and construction. It is a beautiful piece of
land, and I want to develop an environmentally sound structure that
compliments it.


You firm was given to me in a search for an architect. I have spent a
lot of time with your website and I am stunned by the depth and spirit
of your structures.


I am wondering if you would be interested in the project, and if so, if
you could provide me with examples of your work, and references.

Michael


Now that I read it, it is pretty poorly written. I sent tha, in variations, to everyone I liked.

Here is Jaime Rolluion's web site. Check out Como si no, and some of his other buildings. I found them really inspirational.

Quirpas web site is pretty crude, for reasons I learned later.

Here is datum zero. I especially like thier ecazu house, the M house, and the spaciousness of thier approach. Also, you might see in the credits that they designed the spa at Mandalay Bay. It is, to me, Beautiful. Serene, balanced, and anchored.



Sr. Fuscaldo, from Icesa, someone from Roullion, Luis Diego Quiros from Quiraps, and Guillermo Garita from Datum Zero entered intot he final round by virstue of getting back to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Hit Counter