Monday, January 08, 2007

Quiros.

Luis Diego Quiros, the architect from Quirpa who was one of the two firms that seemed to match best with my requirements of modern design, sustainable features, vision, and enthusiasm, recently completed his M House. He surfed this New Year's day at Playa Grande, near Nosara. He was nice enough to let me know what he is up to, and I believe we have a surf session in our future in which I will try to leverage whatever strength I have gained from surfing in New Hampshire in a 6/5 wet suit hauling 45 pounds of water up with me each time I pop up, into a little speed in CR so as not to completely embarrass myself.

Anyway, here is M house.









The street view of M house is a little tame. The view of the building to the North, I think it is north, is open and airy, with a walk way joining the two columns of the building, and a porch in the master bedroom. I think this is a 1400 square foot structure, and there are more details on the Quirpa web site.

and, here is an example of a 3-d rendering of a single level dwelling. Not the M house, which is located in San Jose, but it looks to be designs for location in the veld.
Luis is in San Jose. I highly recommend him to anyone looking for someone young, eager and green. He has a lot of US experience and training. He worked for my two other favorite Costa Rican Architects, Guillermo Garita of DatumZero, and Jaime Roullion. He taught green architecture at the university of Kansas, as adjunct faculty.

Anyway, my best to Luis, and to his budding career. Happy New Year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Hit Counter