Monday, January 08, 2007

Le Corbusier.

On my request, guillermo gave me some recommendations for books to give me alittle background into architecture. He recommended, for starters:

Space, Form and order, by Ching. (this is an excellent book to understand some basic arch. concepts.
Deconstruction: a students guide. By Academy Editions (journal of arch. theory and criticism.)
Towards a new architecture. by Le Corbusier,


I went to the library this weekend but was able to find only Le Corbuier's book. I started it this morning.

Le Corbusier talks about form being the sum of function, mass, structure, surface and line. He is, of course, famous for his appraisal of a home as a "machine for living". I will let you know what I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Hit Counter