Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Celings--- recently I have been thinking about ceilings.

In my apartment in Boston, I have high ceilings. 9 foot 6. On the East Coast this is not so extraordinary, but comming from California, where every ceiling is 8 feet high, it seemed novel and exciting. It still does. I love the high celings, they way they clear the box of a room, draw the eye upwards, and lighten the impact of being indoors.

That said, I realized I have no idea of the height of the ceilings in the vertical element of Plan B. They could be cathedral, or short. I really have no idea. And furthermore, should I be thinking about thier formation, that is, their materiality? Are they tiled? wood, concrete? Are they one at one level, or more? I am excited to find out.

In the horizontal element, the roof is wodden, I beleive, and broken up by teak truss'. The bedrooms are going to retain privacy by having glass finishing between the ceiling line and the truss. I cannot describe that. You will have to see it for yourself.

Soon it is time to find a contracting team. Guillermo has some leads, and we have some recommendations from people who have built in Nosara. This is a, if not THE crucial element in thesucessful execution of the plan. I hope we find a winner. If any of you, dear readers, have recommendations, I would be glad to hear them.

Budget will be a different matter. This has to be done right, but then again, if the cost outstripps my abilities, then we will have to cut corners. I dont like that, but money, like site, is just one more element to take into consideration.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Hit Counter