Friday, April 13, 2007

Neighbors.

Good neighbors make a good neighborhood. Like minded people, with a sense of integrity and trust, can avoid that zero sum cocoon that I seem to find myself in as a American. In Boston, I have have never even been inside one of my condo mate's flats. People steal my Internet signal, and I do not even know who they are. In Costa Rica, I have met my western neighbor, and now, I have met my neighbor across the street and to the south.

While the team was scrambling around on the land, looking at angles, thinking about orientation, noticing the shades and winds, a gringo shouted down from the street level. He called down "Are you my neighbor?" and I ran up to meet him.

He was nice enough to invite us to his house to see his place, have a beer, and see the view. Of course he was understandably concerned that my building would obscure his view. We pointed out to him where the top of the tower would intercede in his line of sight, and he noted that anything under the transformer on the phone pole was out of his beach view.

He bought his land three years ago, and built 2 years ago. I saw his house last time I was in Nosara in 2005.

We watched the sunset from my neighbor's place across the street. From there, you could imagine you actually could hear the surfers yelling to each other.

Pictures never do this justice, but here we go...







and for a finale, this is looking north from his property. This is the area where I should be able to look over the shoulder of the hill and the coast line all the way up to Ostional.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Hit Counter