Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Its about time.

I was in Portland Maine the other weekend, and talking to my good friend Ari, when he noted that though he enjoyed my blog, really understanding the project without a visual representation of the house was a little bit of a stretch. He is completely right. For the over thousand people who have been kind enough to check in and read my blog, I think it is time to show you one of the early models that is quickly becoming my home.

Guillermo sent me some jpeg images of those K House for post on this site a few months ago. I picked this one as representative of the organic proposal, now the direction of the home. This is a model that Guillermo created as a proposal for our first meeting this winter. It has progressed greatly since this point. I now have 3 dimensional renderings of the project, with floor plans and details, but for now, I want you to see what was before me at the beginning.

Here it is, K House. (sans tower).


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

interesting design. Have you ever played around with any of the many excellent architectural design software programs available for the lay person?
I have been using one called Home Designer Pro 7 by Chief Architect for about 6 months now and find it easy enough and useful. I also am formulating a house design for my mountain property in the Central Valley of Costa Rica...a three acre site with several waterfalls and flat build site overlooking the river and gulch. I also look with some disdain at what passes as architecture in Costa Rica and come to your site on a weekly basis to follow your progress and perhaps get some ideas.

11:02 AM  
Blogger warnerk said...

Thanks for the encouragement James.

I have not played with the software you are describing, but I did download the free heritage version of autocad that is available on line. I made some initial drawings with it, but have not relied on those drawings as DatumZero's experience and ability make my efforts all but irrelevant.

I would perhaps enjoy designing my own house from scratch one day, but not for this project. I had a vision, but wanted someone on the project with experience building in costa rica, someone with experience not only designing, but making those designs translate into construction. I have been nothing but pleased with DatumZero, and would not go back on my decision for a second.

That said, I admire your approach and think you will have a very gratifying experience. I hope that the information I have posted, and will continue to post, will be of use to you in your project. One of the goals of my blog was to help people avoid mistakes that I make, as it seems there is little institutional knowledge available for Costa Rica construction.

Let me know if there is a particular topic you would like to hear about as I move forward.

And again,
thanks for your comments.

12:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Warnerk!

I'm one of the designers that actually work in your project.
Let me tell you a little bit of the visualization process.

With the Acad files ready we import them to a 3D software. I use (Blender3D, 3D Studio Max and Rhino 3D) and then starts the creation of the model, once ready we apply materials. After that we add light. Keep in mind at this point the projet stills in design phase. I'm a believer of the power of see things before they get real.

I'm pretty sure you will like the next rendering we are working in..
It's such a joy to work at Datum zero and in your future house.

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Hit Counter