Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Grrr. GRRRRRRR.

Its the 16th. Maybe this date sounds familiar to my regular readers. No? How about the fifteenth. As in "The bids will be back on the 15th". That makes the 16th the-day-after-the-day-the-construction-companies-were-supposed-to-finish-thier-bids. And, in case my dander has not alerted you to the outcome...they ain't here.

I checked. I looked in my email accounts. I looked in the mail. I looked under my couch. Not there. No, the construction company is definitely late.

Yet, I sit here with a state of nearly Zen like calm. How? Easy, I recently purchased US to Tico conversion software. I plugged in the date "Jan. 15th", pressed GO!, and it translated it to "Sometime in February. Maybe. Stop pushing us you anal retentive gringo."

Pura Vida. Pura Vida.

For the record, I in no way blame D0 and Guillermo. Every time line target they have given me they have hit. I know that Costa does not work with the watch like precision of the US. I dont really care, its my own expectations that are causing me suffering. I let them go, and laugh. The process has always had its own time table.

But for the record...Grrrrrr.

3 Comments:

Blogger MAds said...

Some pre-construction advice. Add 6-8 weeks to any deadline given. And that's being conservative. This is also valid for delivery of materials, by the way.

4:07 AM  
Blogger warnerk said...

Yo Mads. Como Stai? I did not know you read this blog. Great. Look, when I buy a place in SF, would you consider being my interior decorator? I can be the labor. I am good at laboring.

11:37 AM  
Blogger MAds said...

What? Are you kidding? You are Google Readered.
And dont tempt me on that little offer. Plus I can be labor too.
Loves ya.

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Hit Counter