Thursday, September 27, 2007

Ok. I am not officially a bona fide member of the Nosara civi association. I got word this morning that the NCA received my check, my dues, and were able to deposit the check. I paid, for whomever is interested, in dollars. Thats right, in Costa Rica you can deposit directly a check drawn on foriegn funds. Interesting. I wonder what the colone has been doing lately against the dollar. It seems like the entire world has a better, relative, economy. The Canadian dollar is nearly 1:1, the aussie dollar is up, the euro is at record highs against the dollar, even the mexican peso is up against the dollar. Let me write that again: the mexican peso is outperforming the dollar. But I have not checked the colone. I wonder if the two economies are so dependant the the dollar is dragging the colone down. I wonder if the locals will even want to take dollars next time I am down there. I wonder how this will effect construction and material costs. I wonder if China has left any steel in the entire world for the rest of us, or if I am going to have to recycle.

I wonder if copper is even affordable. If China is going to give the DR congo 5 billion to develop thier copper mines, then my guess is that copper is expensive. I think Corten it is. Hrdwoods, thank god, are local and should be affordable, but all other raw materials might come dear.

Intersting

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Hit Counter