Monday, November 26, 2007

Its the tower,

Guillermo recently invited me to revisit the plan to have the tower as part of the project. Without it, he pointed out, there was no problem getting under budget. He asked me if I was considering letting that feature go.

It was an easy answer, though perhaps ultimately an unworkable one: Until I know, for certain, that the lowest possible construction costs are still outside my bottom line, the tower must stay. Its the reason for the building project. Until I conceived that I could get the the view, I was content building the place myself with plans I would buy from Home Depot. I have the labor. I have the skills and friends who have done it. I can get a view of Olga's from anywhere on the property. But to see Guillones required a real professional. And once we had the professional, and estimated the budget, it was time to really build a dream, and not an outpost. The budget was derived from predicted future sales price, and the sales price has been estimated with a view. Thats it. The view is King. It drives the project, and the only way to get it, is that tower.

I am crossing everything that will cross that we will make that budget.

I will let you know when I know. Hope with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Hit Counter