Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Away we go.

And what an away it will be.

I am leaving for CR tomorrow morning. To arrive tomorrow afternoon. For everything I did, something was left undone. I dislike the feeling, but its...well, its going to have to work.

Paul finalized the plans, and we have made a contract for delivery of teak and hardwood to the property. Jin Wah, and again, I think thats his name, felt sympathy, perhaps, for the project, and deducted 50 dollars a sqM from the price for us to help us meet our budget. The project is still going to be ove the budget, but that budget was largely decided by available moneys, and not any realistic idea of how much this is going to cost. Paul has done an admirable job of keeping this project within reach without comprimising the scheme. We decided not to clad the interior of the building to save money. Paul rearranged the studs and bracing to make it more aesthetically pleasing.

I am deciding right now, whether I will check bags and bring tools down with me. I have few applicable tools, but every savings counts.

In other news, its February 5, and there is still no bid. I am not suprised or dissapointed, just reporting the news for those of you who follow this.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am just curious....is your property within a guarded, gated community? If not, how will you secure the structure from thieves after it is built? There are cases of entire homes being stolen piece by piece from out-of-country owners.

I am not building now for that very reason since my land is not in a gated community. Even though my property is in the country, it is still a concern. I have secured the services of a trusted local to maintain the property but that is not the same as guarding a home for long periods of time.

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Hit Counter