Tuesday, July 01, 2008

And so we begin.

Today I requested an invoice to pay for permits that will be pulled to break ground. I have yet to sign the contract, but I assume I will do that later this week.

Its moving forward. I have been pre approved for a construction loan at 8.7% for 30 years, fixed for 5. Thanks to Sam Baugh at Costa Rica Mortgage. I highly recommend him. He got me to at least 3 good lenders for pre-approval.

And Guillermo is working with the builder as we speak to start that process.

Some modifications were made to the final design to get the bids down. The gallery will be thinner and the floors concrete and not teak. If there is any money left over, then we are considering a plunge pool. I dont like them, myself, but buyers do, and frankly they are great for passive cooling. The water evaporates and fills the house with cooler air.

I dont know. I still like the hardwood floors.

Well, this is it.

If you have made it this far and are still following the blog, I thank you. Its been a journey.

three
two
one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Hit Counter