Saturday, February 23, 2008

If I had this all to do over again, wat would I do differently? I would not do it. Lord almighty, I am weary. Every day for now 18 days I have been working on this project. Driving, talking to people, lugging wood, nailing, bleaching, draninig, mixing cement, carrying, paying, spraying...its all getting to be too much.

The budget for the project was 2500. Its going to be closer to 6000 even then, I will have to get lucky. I have no idea how this is going to get done, even with me working full time on it every day for a month. I wanted to visit nicaragua and that plan is gone. Now I just want one day to read, or study spanish.

after 18 days, this is all that is left...

teak the whole house. Put in the roof joists. Buy and build the metal roof at 11 feet of the surface and 20 feet off of the ground without electricity because my source is drying up. dig a septci field, create a sewage system, plan and build a kitchen, add sinks and drain, cement a shower, install a shower, install a toilet, bug spray the house, seal the house with sealant, build new footers, build doors, windows and seceruity screens, get building permits, water permits, electricity permits, then get all those hooked up, build an electrical system with junction boxes, wiring, and oputlets, return faulty materials, buy new ones, and sort through all the advice I am getting in my bad spanish.

Thats it.

I am frustrated. Emensely. I was so in over my head. I am going to finish this thing. Too many people have worked hard to see it through, but I wish I had not begun right now. Maybe tomorrow will bring a sunnier disposition, but I am exhausted, bone weary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Hit Counter