Tuesday, April 01, 2008

that wasn´t so bad. I hung the door on the bodega yesterday, rather quickly. Then I built a 20 foot scaffold and climbed up the front wall to seal the teak. That was precarious. The teak oil, strangely, had coagulated. I added mineral spirits, but it was nasty looking.

I built a ladder to the roof, and cut the metal with a machete and a hammer, Nica style. Then I over hung the roof, and added a plank over the exposed Melina to protect it from the raid. Cut myself up pretty badly in the process. Another, dont try this at home.

I slept in the house last night, for the first time. I tied up my hammack and slept until the howler monkeys woke me. Actually, I just went back to sleep, so tired I was, until about 7:30, when I went for my good morning surf.

I am so dark right now from all this work in the sun. I look like I did as a kid. Its great though, and the work is easy after a month off. I am going to try to build the front door today, and to return items to the ferreteria, and then finally to install the locks, and staple the plastic over windows. I better get going.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Hit Counter