Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Fresh off the press...

It has feet.  And a floor.  Kind of.  Wow, this is really moving quickly. The steel frame is cold rolled, and built according the California earthquake standards.  It should allow the house to flex and to survive.  Note how little earth moving is being done.  Other than the master bedroom, I am not laying a foundation.  This was intentional- to let the breeze flow under, cooling the house, and to allow wildlife and rainwater to pass under. 

I had a holdup with the water.  The Asada, a local water group, required some paper work, but, of course, they would not send or fax it to me, and of course, it needed to have an original signiture.  Alex, of DatumZero, picked it up on a site visit, and scanned it to me.  I printed, signed and sent it back.  No doubt they will want some payment now...its unclear where they receive their authority or jurisdiction to do so, but they can hold up a project, and know it, so it will be paid.

I am going down in July to see the work for myself. Amazing no?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Hit Counter