Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Note from Guillermo today. He has been in Costa Rica for the past few weeks.

Aparently Guillermo and his CR partner, Sandra, reviewed the project and discussed preliminary ideas for a few days. I am certainly excited about this. They expect to have some very early rough sketches done within 2 weeks. Again- excitement. I have been adding images to my image file. Regrettably I cannot post them as blogger sucks for uploading images. Also, a lot of them are in a shoe box on my desk. That too will likley prevent the easy dissemination of the images.

I need to do research into the particular environental obstacles of my area. Regrettably I cannot find my next door neighbor's email address. He could certainly tell me the concerns that a builder should keep in mind. I mean, what is the dirunal tempurate difference? rain runoff problems? What is the annual tempurate variation? Are winds a problem? from which direction do they flow? I know there are trade winds...how do they function?

I suspect cooling will be my ownly problem. I even consdered making entire floors of the building open, with only a roof. In the end, I think I will opt for large, moveable windows and doors, but I would like to know if heating is ever a problem, and how extreme the summer heat can get.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those tradewinds are invaluable in keeping a place comfortable. Their name in indicicative of their reliability. Sailors would drop down to their latitudes to pick them up, opting for a longer route over the earth but one of shorter duration. They are caused by reliable things like the rotation of the earth and the warming effect of the sun.

Cristobal Colon, USN ret.

10:01 PM  
Blogger warnerk said...

Thank you Captain.

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Hit Counter