Thursday, April 26, 2007

Solar.

I do not think that solar panels are scalable and efficient in Costa Rica currently, but they will be soon. I need to remember that so that I recall to leave hook ups when they are available at a cost that is reasonable to thier energy production. I wonder, at that time, how large panels will be? Fortunatly, the sun is abundant and we know in what direction they should point. Will they need roof mounts? I dont know. I dont think I have thought about this sufficeintly.

Perhaps they could be installed over the windows in the tower to double as shades as well as energy collectors. Perhaps they can be located remotely from the house.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember reading an article awhile back that said a sort of solar paint was being developed as an alternative to panels. I believe it uses nanotechnology to convert the energy. The medium is a liquid (essentially a paint) that can be applied to the exteriors of buildings. Neato, huh?

7:50 AM  
Blogger warnerk said...

I looked into it. must still be in the development stage. I dont know if I should be terrifyied or not at the possibilities. It seems like this could be one of those inventions, like leaded paint, that leave us wondering what we were thinking. Still, anything with the word nano in it is enough to get me interested.

WTF are you doing reading my blog before 8 am? Its good, but not THAT good.

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Hit Counter