Monday, September 24, 2007

In an effort to keep those of you who follow this blog up to speed on this project, the answer to "how is it going"? is this:

The water permit is not yet resolved, but progress might be being made.

There is a hold up because the paper work for the permits to build were lost. I use the term lost broadly. Guillermo asked me to sign the documents and send them down next day mail. He asked me to get a tracking number. I screwed up, leaving the package with the mail department and asking them to send it next day and get a tracking number. They sent it US priority mail, which was "lost". They did not get a tracking number. Guillermo told me, after I dropped this ball, that the mail service in CR opens the mail looking for goodies and then discards it if there is nothing of interest to them. This vexes me, but now I understand the reason for his clear instructions, I will use Fed Ex or DHL to carry all documents from here on out. What a disappointment. You get used to things getting where you sent them in this country. generating new papers, signing them and sending them will be guaranteed to cause a 3 week delay. It already has.

Guillermo and Datum Zero and I have a meeting on materials that will occur in the future in NYC but when and where are not clear. Perhaps soon. I hope so, I am eager to get this thing moving.

DZ is interviewing contractors and builders for bids. I dont know where we stand in this process. Obviously this will be the determining factor of whether we can get finished anywhere near the Jan 1 2008 goal. The team is more important than the time line though, and I am interested to hear about our options.

Thats it, I think. Personal affairs have been taking my attention from the blog and this project, but I am now able to focus on it completely.

As always I thank you for your continuing interest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Hit Counter