Saturday, February 09, 2008

I now own 250 pounds of concrete. QuickKrete, quick dry stuff. I have 8 5 gallon buckets. All of this I was able to obtain in my bad spanish. Now, I am going to try to mix them. I will, no doubt, screw something up.

THe hardware store in NOsara is impressively well appointed. THere was a kid there, Daniel, who spoke as much english as I do SPanish and he was most helpful in pricing out options.

Jin Lan, of EcoTimber, is on the case. 2000 board feet of teak arriving on Monday. Plus we have Gmelia, a semi hard wood, for the skeleton. We hope to be ready to start pounding nails on MOnday afternoon. My big thanks though to Jin Lan, who has been incredibly felexible, gave us a great deal on sustianbly harvested teak and was a great resource in our project. I would recommend EcoTimber to anyone looking to build in CR.

OK, I have to pick up Dad and Lynn in Liberia, mix 400 pounds of footers, and find everyone lodging. in 3 hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Hit Counter