Monday, February 18, 2008

The wood was late. Man was it late. TO arrive on Monday afternoon, it was still missing as the sun set on Tuesday night. I kept checking my email for messages from Jin Lan. They mainly consited of asking for a phone number.



We were living in the jungle, there was no phone and if there were, we would never have on up in the mountains. When we turned in that night, I checked the email again, to learn that the wood had aarrived, but that the drivers could nto find the site. They wre driving around the hills lost. I met them at the cafe de paris while the team ate dinner. There was another problem. They had run out of diesel fuel. This required me to drive 45 minutes to nicoya, one way, to fill a drum of deisel, and then back tot he site where I had lead the wood truck. They had just finished makeng a staggering pile of wood, and it was midnight. They watned payment, but I only gave them 300 until we checked the wood order. I slept at one. It was a long day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Hit Counter