Friday, February 22, 2008

By 4 today, we had a deck, a floor, and all the walls framed. I learn so much from walking the canadians work, that often I just watch. They fly over th wood, and striaght lines and walls emerge from piles of warped melina wood. We have two walls teaked, and the rest to do tomorrow.

I spent several house today spraying incesticide on the wood,and then applying teak seal to the wood to prevent more of the buggers from entering. My hand sticks together even after a late 2 hour surf with Cory.

we have burnt out two extension cords. Many of the costa rican tools are faulty and shoddy. This slows us down. So did the 2 hour electricity outage today.

But we have a house. The high ceiling is perfect for a fan, and makes it feel spacious inside. I am exhausted and crash each night into a deep deep sleep. Neither the howler monkeys, nor the brothers in the bueno, can wake me. I sleep each day tll 8, then surf until about 9 30, but still, the Canadians beat me up the hills and have massive progress made. This is like the elves and the shoemaker. They eat all the mangoes I can feed them, and I try to get them all the mangoes in Nosara gladly. They listen to metallica, and joke, and laugh, and fly over the wood. I cannot express my gratitude enough. They are doing this for a couple of sandwiches and 5 bucks each for their rooms in the enchanted forrest. Thats it. Like a miracle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Hit Counter